From my family to yours, Happy 4th of July! May your celebrations be safe, and shared with the ones you love. God Bless America.
Here are a few reminders to keep you healthy over the weekend:
- Drink water! Being outside for long periods of time and drinking alcohol can dehydrate.
- Fill at least half of your plate with veggies.
- If there are lots of delicious looking options, take small portions of several so you can sample more without overdoing it.
- If you feel full, stop eating. It never feels good to overeat.
- Don’t eat in front of the food table. Make a plate and sit down to eat. This will keep you from grazing all day.
- If you do eat or drink too much, be sure to get in lots of water and fresh fruits and veggies the next day to get you feeling better.
- If you are headed to a party, offer to bring a veggie or fruit tray, that way you know there will be a healthy option.